Saturday, December 19, 2009

"I was born for the storm, and a calm does not suit me." --Andrew Jackson

A friend of mine recently asked why I never blog anymore. I told her I guess I'd run out of things to blog about. She laughed and said: "You're raising three boys...there's ALWAYS something to blog about." I suppose she was right. And I suppose I agree with our 7th president. A calm really doesn't suite us.


Carter got his head stuck in the barstool the other night during dinner. I tried to get him out, but couldn't. Luckily Justin arrived home from work in time to save the day. He had to take the thing apart, and it was hard keeping everyone from laughing (which only made Carter's screaming worse), but as I was telling Carter to "just stay calm" I realized that will probably never happen. Not around here anyway.

5 comments:

Emili said...

Haha! Poor kid!

Noah got stick in one of our kitchen bar stools last year - it took us both pulling different directions to get him out - it was hilarious. I think it was him that got stuck in the baby bath seat too. He climbed in it when he was too big for it and it took us forever to get him out!

Suzanne said...

It's always lively, isn't it? Nice to know that I'm not the only one trying to figure out why boys do that stuff.

Lisa said...

LOL! Classic. You'll be talking about that one for years.

Leslie said...

It's just not a good childhood until you've gotten your head stuck in something. Way to go Carter!

Seems like Gatlin got his huge head stuck in the stair railing once. I might be making that up. I can't remeber.

Danielle said...

Thanks for the laugh...glad Carter was okay. For some reason I was reminded of when Faith got a comb stuck in her hair and we had to cut it out. KIDS!