Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Actual Conversations, Part 1

"Ordinary people can be drop dead funny."

In fact, I'm learning why so many teachers have blogs. Writing about your students and their families is a no- brainer. It's free material right there at your fingertips.

Stuff you couldn't make up if you tried.

Now regular readers of my blog know that my three kids can be pretty dang funny. They have been, up until now, my sole source for writing material. But now I have 180 kids. So, my middle-schoolers have inspired me to come up with this new segment:

"Actual Conversations"

Please enjoy part 1:

I taught a "Life Skills" class with the counselors today. The following is an actual conversation. You are entering part way as we're learning about self-image.

Me: "What kinds of things help make up our self-image?"
Ranger: "How about how many sacs you get on the quarterback?"
Me: "Yes definitely! Our skills and abilities help make up our self-image."
Serena: "Your friends and family?"
Me: "Yes definitely! The quality of our relationships with others help make up our self-esteem."
Ysenia: "Where we come from?"
Me: "Yes definitely! Our background can help make up our self-esteem."
Colton: "You're all crazy! It's girls man! That's it! Just girls...that's what makes up your self-esteem!"

Heaven help us.

1 comment:

JBK said...

I hope the names have been changed to protect the innocent.