Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Stable Condition

This morning I stopped off at the hospital to pick up a copy of my E.R. report for the Aflac guy. Here's the gist of what it said:
Diagnosis-Burn-second degree, foot, left
Disposition- Discharged from E.R. to home. Stable condition

All day I thought about the term "Stable condition" and how that probably means something different to each of us. Luckily, I've never been in "critical condition". At least not physically. I certainly have been in "critical condition" spiritually and emotionally, though. I suspect we all have. I'm grateful to the one person who NEVER leaves us as we endure our various tragedies.

The Savior.

Yes, I agree with the good doctor. I AM in stable condition. Right now anyway. As we all know, that could change tomorrow. But, for now, here's what our "stable condition" looks like:



We grew 8 perfectly carve-able pumpkins in the garden this year.


Jamon turned 10 last week and we had so much fun decorating BSU cupcakes.


Camdon turned 12 Sunday and was ordained a deacon. It was wonderful. Here he is decorating cupcakes with Jamon, but here's why I love Camdon so much. He didn't want cake. He wanted fudge. He thinks it's way too good a treat to only be consumed at Christmas time. He's been eating off the block all week.

Justin was contacted about this picture he took on our Seattle trip this summer. The city wants to put it in their newest edition of those touristy "city guide" pamphlets. What an honor!

Here's to being in "stable" condition!

2 comments:

Camdon said...

Oh my gosh! Is that really his picture? That is awesome. So Seattle contacted him and asked if they could use his picture in the new pamphlets? We should have Uncle Travis get us one and mail it to us!

The Kay Family said...

Yep, it's really his. Great idea Camdon. We'll do that for sure!