Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Something reeks of hypocrisy...

The only pencil sharpener we have in the house is one of these little beauties.....
Yes, I splurged on the $.99 and got the good kind. You don't even have to hold it over the garbage can or anything! You just empty it when it's full. Sounds easy enough except that sometimes the stupid thing comes apart in the middle of a sharpening and shavings fall all over the floor. This is exactly what happened to me the other day. Carter and I were just about to start his homework when I dumped the load.

I mumbled something that sounded like: "Grrr", got the vacuum, cleaned the mess, and returned to the business at hand. Carter was watching the whole thing and as I walked away he said to himself (or no one...he was just making an observation):

"That happened to me once only I got in trouble. Mom yelled that I was going too fast and I need to focus. She's lucky she's the mom and no one will yell at her. Oh I know. I'll drive her to Idaho Falls so her mom can yell at her there. Oh wait, I don't drive."

And then he finished his homework.



I love this kid.

No comments: