Monday, January 4, 2010

"In the jungles of 'kiddom', the mind shifts gears rapidly...."

Camdon's bunny-sitting for the neighbors while they're at the Fiesta Bowl. Everyday he goes over and feeds and waters the rabbit. Today he invited Carter to tag along to see the cute little bunny. I hadn't anticipated that this would cause sever sadness over the loss of our own rabbit a year ago....
By the time they got back, Carter was sobbing a rather dramatic scenario about missing peanut. I did all the things a good mom does: I listened...I told him I knew how he felt......I said I was sorry....and then I asked whether he wanted oreos or licorice. The tears immediately stopped and he said: "oohh, I'll take both!"

Problem solved.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Another classic moment in parenting. Oreos do seem to make things better in my book too. :)