Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Compassionate Service

"The only true way to prove you have lost your inner child is if you don't laugh when you hear the word "poop"."

Dear Reader:
I understand that this post will be inappropriate. My last one was also. But, what you don't understand is that as the only girl in my house, I'm surrounded by inappropriate material all of the time. It's just how it goes when you live with a family that thinks bodily functions are hilarious (husband included)....so, here we go:


As I stepped out of the shower this morning I heard screaming. Not the "that's my toy...give it back" scream or the "I'm overly tired and whiny" scream. Those I can tune out. This was the "I'm hurt!" scream.

I ran to find Carter in his bathroom, sitting on the toilet. He was working on something painful. Yep. The dreaded constipation. I went in to try to calm him down and help him through it. That's when Jamon showed up.

"Mom, I got this. This has happened to me before" he said. He motioned for me to leave and he closed the door behind me. He was holding a stool and a magazine.
I REALLY had a hard time not laughing. It was so cute and sweet, but so gross at the same time.
"Whatta a great brother", I thought. Here he is, home from school sick (with a queazy stomach no less) and he's willing to help his brother with his "poop" problem. So, I left and went back to my bathroom to finish getting ready. After a few minutes I went to check on them. Here's what I heard:

"Is it any better?"

Through tears: "No. Go get mom."

"Buddy, she won't feel bad for ya..she's given birth. I'm sure that's worse."

Ba ha haha ha ha !

You got that right Jamon! It reminded me of City Slickers when Curly says to Mitch: "I crap bigger than you!"

Anyway, I would've taken a picture of the whole adorable scene, but I'm pretty sure If I post naked potty pictures on my blog, I'll end up in jail.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

that was a good laugh...not at Carter...but at least he had some good moral support! your boys crack me up!

Camdon said...

Wow, I can't believe I was at school. *Shakes Head