Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tattle Tale

Last week I pulled Jamon out of school a bit early so he could join his dad down at the BSU spring scrimmage game. This alone was enough to make it the best day ever. It only got better though, because after the game Justin had to run into his office to do a few things. When you are a kid there is NOTHING better than going to the place where dad works. Jamon was in heaven sitting at the desk, going through the drawers, pretending to be big.

However, something he saw in those draws caused great concern and finally, this morning, he got up the nerve to tell me about it.

"Mom there's something you need to know about what dad does at work." The tone was very much a "you'd better sit down for this" tone. I feigned shock.

"Oh no! What?"

"He has stuff in his drawers at work." I assume this means stuff I wouldn't approve of.

"Like what?"

"He has a toothbrush....(said with emphasis)...hot chocolate packets...AND... (growing louder with more concern) chocolate-covered raisins in there!"

"You're kidding??!!" I said so as to validate his obvious worry.

" I know" he said, "when I saw it I said 'does mom know about this?'

I was trying so hard not to laugh as I pictured Justin in my mind asking permission to keep hot chocolate in his desk at work. I understand where this is coming from, though, because if I saw chocolate anything in my kids' rooms or their toothbrushes anywhere but in the holder in the bathroom I would come unglued. Jamon knows this, so it stands to reason (in his mind) I would come unglued when I heard this disturbing piece of information about my own husband.

"I'll be sure and talk to him", I said.

Justin, if you're reading this.....put down the raisins and go back to work!

1 comment:

Amber said...

LOL!!! I needed a good laugh.