Monday, August 23, 2010

"Organize your life around your dreams - and watch them come true.”


It was a big week at our house. I guess I'll start at the top and work down from there.

Justin got a call from Ryan Ringel this week announcing the tickets have arrived. That's right~the tickets to BSU's season opener~ all the way across the country which Justin will be attending. Lucky. Dog. Ryan was kind enough to purchase the $92 ticket. Justin only had to get himself to Virginia. A bit more than $92, but the dream of watching an away game somewhere other than Utah has come true.

Camdon took my beloved camera to scout camp and it came back broken. I'm not placing blame. Not really anyway. I was sad because this month won't be a cheap one for us what with the plane ticket across the country and all the school supplies and Middle School registration and new football cleats and you get the picture. I knew a new camera wasn't in the budget. Then today I got something in the mail. It was a new camera. It was from Justin. My dream of having a newer/better camera has come true.

Camdon was asked to speak in sacrament meeting on Sunday. He did great! I realize that being asked to speak in church isn't anyone's dream, but when you're nearly 13 and you have to speak in front of a congregation of 300+, the dream is not to fail miserably or do anything to completely embarrass yourself or your family. He DIDN'T make a fool of himself. His dream of still being able to look the girls in the eyes has come true.

Jamon had Jamboree at Boise State on Saturday. He's playing tight end this year. He had two great receptions and although he didn't run for a touchdown, he did run. Long and fast. As a result, the coaches have made a few more plays just for him! Justin captured the moment perfectly. Here's a picture of him hauling in a catch.
His dream of making it big on the blue has come true.
The biggest dream, however, came from the littlest Kay. You must first know that I don't keep a ton of junk food around the house. And we certainly don't stop at the gas station for treats. Except this one time. I told Carter I'd take him to get a slurpee on Friday night. He's been patient all week as the boys started football and we sat through hours of practices. So, as we were leaving the football field (to go get his slurpee) he very cautiously stopped at the curb. He looked both ways before stepping into the road. In my most excited mother voice I said: "Look at you Carter~ Checking both ways before crossing the street!"

He said very matter-of-factly: "I usually don't. But I don't want to get killed before I get to taste my treat!"
Dream big little one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meeka,

Your Carter cracks me up! Such a honest kid! Glad he safely got his slurpee!

I'm dreaming of those Bronco days with my boys too - the hours of watching the games with them. Also, them going with dad to watch them.

I could tell when we were floating the River on Sat My Carter would have prefered to be at the scrimage.

Carter passes Bronco stadium all the time and I can see the longing in his eyes to play there. (I don't really have the heart to tell him . . . I don't really want to see him play there. I don't want my kid to get tackled or hurt.) I'd prefer him to be a computer genius or something! :-)

All Jayson and Carter can talk about is BSU 1st game and how important it is. They are so excited. Hope Justin has a great time. We'll look for him in the stands.

Gabrielle

Anonymous said...

Cailun sees your picture of Carter and asks, "Hey! Where did he get that?"