Friday, August 13, 2010


You know the old saying: "You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone?" This is how I've felt this week.
Camdon's been away at scout camp and I didn't realize how much help he is to me until I didn't have it anymore. From what I hear they are having fun despite getting dumped on for two days.

Today was especially difficult without him. I work Fridays from 12-4 and Camdon, of course, babysits for me. He does a great job but I knew Jamon could do good job too. He's really jumped in this week and been so helpful. He wanted the chance to prove himself. So, I agreed to let him give it a whirl. Carter's 6 1/2 so it's not like I'm leaving him alone with a baby or anything. I knew they'd be fine with a few movies and some popcorn.

Or so I thought.

I got a phone call at about 1:45. It was Jamon. He had a confession to make.

"There's something I have to tell you." Make it quick. I'm busy.

"Uuuhh...I really wanted to go play at Patrick's house so I had Jordyn (the neighbor girl who's 14) come over to watch Carter." What?! He hired a babysitter to get out of it himself? Clever.

"I was there for about an hour and then I started feeling really guilty that I just left Carter. So, I came home. Is that okay?" Good. You should feel guilty.

I asked if he felt better now that he'd confessed.

"Yes. Am I going to be in trouble?"

Well, let's think about this. I said he was in charge of Carter today. Quite frankly, he was very responsible by getting someone else to be responsible while he chose NOT to be responsible. Jordyn said he even called the house to tell her he hadn't bothered to feed Carter lunch and would she mind doing it. I guess if you think about it, he took very good care of Carter.

"No," I said. "Thanks for telling me the truth."

I can't wait until Camdon comes home!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Boys! You're blog is like a scary/funny look into the future of what life will be like as mine get older. Hope I can have a good outlook like you do!

Jessica said...

haha, I think he was very responsible..I mean even thinking about lunch!