Saturday, December 20, 2008

Of This 'N That

This is the tree we "splurged" on.  I didn't want to spend the weeks before Christmas vacuuming up needles from my carpet. Every other year, we've gone with a cheap tree & I always curse the falling needles.   So, Justin humored me and let 
me spend the $15 extra to get a good tree.  Good!?  I don't think so!  It doesn't even smell..not even a little and as you can see, it's kinda skimpy.  

My mom makes the best stockings!!  I love having a mantle to actually hang them on.  The only downside is that they're pretty big.  Filling them costs a small fortune.  Or so Santa tells me!  


And finally, I hope Carter keeps his enthusiasm for piano when he's older  Every day he asks for a lesson.  He always volunteers to "practice" first.  Here he is playing the little keyboard.














2 comments:

Emili said...

I always had a real tree growing up, and then on our first Christmas we went out and cut down a tree together. It was freezing and not as fun as you'd think. THe next year Dallon talked me into a fake one and I LOVE it. I just get some sensty sented wax and plug-ins and stuff. It's so much easier to put up and down. I've given in to the other side... But I do really love the smell of real ones. :)

Amber said...

i'm sorry about the tree, but it still looks cute! and i love your stockings. i wish we had somewhere to hang some....we always end up draping them over the couch christmas eve:)