Sunday, December 7, 2008

I'm still here

Some of  "my readers" (ha ha) are concerned that I haven't posted for a while.  There's nothing to be alarmed about.  It's just been one of those weeks I guess.  

We got back from Thanksgiving on Sunday night and Carter spent Monday throwing up all day.  Camdon was sick too and we have to watch him closely when he gets that way so it doesn't turn into an asthma attack.  

Tuesday was busy ending in the Relief Society christmas dinner, which I left early, to help a friend out of a pickle.  I spent most of the evening in the cold standing outside her car.  As I watched her feeling sick to her stomach, heart racing, and so sure her husband was going to kill her, I chuckled to myself.   I was happy to be on the other end helping someone else out of a pickle for a change! 

Early Wednesday morning Justin flew to Montana for work.  He just got back last night and we were ready to have him home!  I spent the rest of the week decorating for Christmas.  It seemed to take longer this year as I didn't have a full day to devote to the project. I had to do it in shifts, finishing up yesterday afternoon on the roof.  I love hanging the outside Christmas lights.  It's not typically something the woman does, but being up on the roof realy appeals to my "life on the edge" kind of ways I guess.  

Yesterday morning we had Camdon's basketball registration and Ryan and Noelle had their baby!  Welcome to the three boys club, guys!  We can't wait to meet Michael.

Last night we went to Kuna's holiday night light parade.  Now, I'm to the point where if you've seen one parade, you've seen them all.  However, seeing little Carter shake with excitement was well worth the trip out.  Even Camdon, who will be the first one in line at the "I hate Carter booth" leaned over to me and said, "It's so cute how much fun he's having."  AAWWW!  

Today was just as busy with tithing settlement, my presidency meeting, and then tonight we had a family over to watch the Christmas devotional with us.  Afterwards we ate treats and talked for a while.  After our company left, I promptly put Carter to bed and now I think I'll do the same.  Justin and the boys are staying up to watch where the Broncos will end up playing their bowl game.  I'm content to hear about it tomorrow.  

 

2 comments:

Amber said...

wow you had a busy week! sounds like you got your christmas decor up, i bet it looks great. You should hang our outside lights, Broc can't get them to work...grrrr.

Jessica said...

Good week in review. Camdon's like a real person now, not a kid...geez where does time go. I was tempted to get up on the roof but Travis wouldn't hear it...he's had the experience on the roof ya know ;) I didn't mind, one less thing I have to do. Way to go decorating and can't wait to see you guys in 2 weeks!