Sunday, May 17, 2009

Evil influences...

Saturday night Justin and I decided to take a little drive.  Kuna is a cute little town and it's fun to roll down the windows in the jeep and cruise around to see what's going on.  Anyway, Carter asked if he could come with us.  The following conversation occurred: 

Carter: "Dad, turn down that music and STOP singing!"
Justin:  "It's my car and I'll do what I what to in it."
Carter:  "Oh yeah?  Well then I'll just get out.........BURN !
Justin:   "How is that a burn to me?  You'll be the one walking home."
Carter: "Oh yeah?  Well, I don't know the way home.......BURN ! 
Justin:  (quietly laughing) "again.  That's not a burn to me.  That burns you."

I saw where this was going and quickly intervened.   He clearly has some learning to do in the "dishing out insults" department, but where is he learning this stuff?  Most likely the TV as his contact with the outside world is limited to preschool and church.  

Then today he was watching tv with his brothers while I was working  at the computer. During one of the commercial breaks this is what I heard from the family room....

"Get me a juice box Biach." (pronounced Bee-awch...slang for, well, you know).  

I flew out of my chair and promptly announced that that word is not okay and will NEVER BE USED AGAIN!  

Camdon and Jamon sat there quietly ( they know better than to get involved) but their expressions said it all.....

I guess it's time to start paying more attention to the influences I'm allowing into my home.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Sounds like Carter is good for a GOOD laugh or two...or more. The juice box incident is priceless...really!

Lisa said...

lol!!!!! hahahahahahahaha! It's funny when it's not your own kid! Hahahahahaha!
P.S. I use that word all the time. Maybe I shouldn't. Hahahahahaha!

Jessica said...

i hate what tv brings into the house...seroiusly i don't like it and monitor it way too much to be enjoyable for any of us.