Friday, June 5, 2009

Date night with three boys

The boys need new white shirts for the wedding next week so I did something last night I rarely do.  I took all three boys  to the mall. This is generally only  a twice- a -year trip so they were so excited.  First stop...Blue and Orange Store..(of course).  Therein can be found all things Bronco and Jamon could hardly contain himself.  Carter was equally pumped up but for very different reasons; probably the two strawberry lemonades and all the ice cream at dinner had more to do with his enthusiasm than anything else.  Anyway as we entered the store the friendly salesman did exactly what he should've done: 

"Are you looking for anything special today?"
 
"No" I said.  "We're just looking thanks."  

"Okay, well if you need anything just let me know."

I didn't even have time to respond before Carter turned  to the salesman and said:

"No sir, if YOU need anything, you just let ME know!"  Whack.  I told Carter to pipe down and thought to myself that the trip to the mall might not have been the very best way to spend my Friday night.  

I needed white shoes for the wedding so the next stop was Maurices.  I never buy clothes there, but every pair of shoes that I've ever loved has come from there.  I knew I could count on them.  I was right.  Check these out....


Anyway, Camdon and Jamon chose to wait outside the store.  They weren't going to be caught dead in a "girl" store.  "Fine" I said.  "Be good".  Carter was so excited to come with me because he had been carrying around a stupid piece of twine and he was so sure he was going to be able to convince the saleswoman to let him trade the twine for a necklace.  She, of course, said no.  He asked her why not and she said no trades were allowed without the managers permission.  

"Go get her.  I can talk her into it." Whack.  I told Carter no trades were allowed.  I explained that things cost money and that nothing in this store was free.  

We left and went to JC Penny to find the white shirts.  Jamon was again in heaven because of the three, he's definitely the most fashion savvy and really cares about his appearance.  He was having fun flipping through polo's and tee shirts and imagining how great he could look in everything.  Carter was obsessed with finding something free in this store as well and was bringing something to me every ten seconds.  "How much is this?"  "Too much, put it back."

At this point Camdon had had enough:

"UUGGHH!  I can't believe girls do this for fun.   We're just standing here in the same place staring at all these shirts!"

We finally settled (sadly, we didn't get a single white dress shirt) on something for each of the boys and we headed towards the cashier.  The meltdown had begun and by the time we got there Carter was in tears...

"Isn't there anything in here for free??!!!"

"This is practically free", the cashier said as she grabbed something out of a clearance bin.  It was a basket full of crap that was 97% off the lowest marked ticket.  "It's $.38"

"Really?"  I asked.  "This is only 38 cents?"  

"Yep."

"We'll take it."

"Look Carter!  This is free!" (he didn't need to know any different)

"Yay!" Look what we got...




There were also some ties marked down to $1.97.  We got two.  


A quick stop at the Disney Store and we were outta there.  On the way home the conversation turned to swear words.  This seems to happen a lot.  During the conversation Jamon asked me how the middle finger came to be/mean the "F" word.  I said I didn't know and he said he thought it was retarded.  "Yeah, me too", I said.  

It was at this point that Camdon joined in the conversation.  It was pouring rain and we were on the freeway...it was loud in the van and hard to hear.  "Wait, I thought your middle name
 was Lyn?!" 

Bah ha ha ha ha!  I busted out laughing.  Camdon thought Jamon had asked how my middle name came to be the "F" word.  To be fair he's been sick and very doped up on cold medicine....still a funny mistake to make.  After I quit laughing so hard he said:

"Well, here comes a blog post.....CRAP!"

I couldn't agree more Camdon.  That is too funny to resist.  


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like fun! Your boys always say such funny stuff. I should start writing down what Kooy says too. I'll want to remember that stuff when he's all grown and doesn't call me.

Amber said...

haha that was pretty funny to read. you could write a book about all the funny things that happens in your little family i swear. I love the white shoes. I also really like Maurices shoes. I found some black ones there the other day for church. We will see you soon though!

Jessica said...

Those last few posts were definitely entertaining. haha, and Camdon, don't you know every move you make is a possible blog post?? you better watch your moves man! =) and congrats meeka to your new chapter of life, you've worked hard for it.