Friday, June 5, 2009

Group Therapy

"I don't want him next to me.  He smells like tuna fish."--Jack McDermott, Dream Team

 It's possible I need professional help.  I'm not sure it's normal to get so bothered over such small things......

1.  I got a bill in the mail from the elementary school cafeteria.  For 50 cents!  What?  You'll spend 44 cents on a stamp plus the cost of the envelope and someones time to address and mail it just to collect $.50...I don't follow the logic.  

2.  I had to make small talk at the pool with a neighbor, who I know for a fact, (by her own admission) hasn't paid the HOA dues.  She shouldn't even be using the pool because she refuses to pay the fee the rest of us paid....Isn't using something you didn't pay for stealing?  

3.  I leave my work shoes out in the garage because they smell bad and I don't want to drag squished shrimp into the house.  But, lately the ants have started feasting off the bottom of my shoes at night.  So, last night I decided to teach them a lesson and I threw my shoes out into the driveway.  It rained last night.  GRRRR!

4. I hate it when my poor parenting skills come back to haunt me.  I called Carter down to the kitchen.  I called him again because he wasn't coming as quickly as I would've liked.  That's when he said to me: "What part of 'I'm coming' do you not understand?"  Gee.  I wonder where he got that from.  

5.  Finding Otter Pop wrappers in the dryer.  Your pockets are not trash cans people!

Anyone else super high strung?  

8 comments:

Emili said...

I have days where I feel like that! Atleast when you write it down it will entertain you later :)

Amber said...

oh i'm with ya. i would have been bugged by all those. The shoes in the rain did kind of make me laugh though and i'm having a bad day so that's good. Thanks for cheering me up a little.

Leslie said...

Huh, is that What part of....don't you understand a Dudley thing? My Mom used to say that a lot. I'm willing to bet your Mom said it too.

Leslie said...

oh, and good listing by the way. I enjoyed it. Your funny when your irritated.:)

The Kay Family said...

You were my inspiration Leslie!

Lisa said...

ha ha ha! Leslie definitely is inspiring. I like the "lister" blog style.

And yes. you are not the only one. I am very high strung too. Maybe it's in the genes. :o)

Lisa said...

And! Leslie!

How come Meeka gets the "good listing..blah blah blah...I enjoyed it" and when I listed I got the "your such a copy cat...blah blah blah...you suck" comment.

I smell favoritism.

The Kay Family said...

easy girls..this is a friendly blog zone