Saturday, September 12, 2009

From the mouth of babes...

Carter is always good for a laugh:

Thursday morning he had a meltdown over his school outfit. He wanted to wear this....

I suggested he wear this.....

He didn't understand why it mattered that he matched. Maybe he's right. Maybe in the big scheme of things it doesn't matter whether he matches or not, but it turned into a bit of an argument. After much frustration he screamed at me:
"Why do you have to be such a...such a....
(he was really struggling here to find the right word. The one word that would really hurt me.)
...such a matching mom!!??"

Then last night he was telling Justin what he wanted to be when he grew up. A scientist. To which Justin asked, "A mad scientist?"

"No. A happy one."

Then last night as I was bathing him he informed me that he had to "go poop", but I wasn't home so he had to ask Camdon to "wipe him". Laughing on the inside and feeling sorry for Camdon, I said, "that was really nice of him. You should thank him. Did you thank him?"

He said, most emphatically: "NO! His attitude about it was so bad."
Ba ha ha ha I'm sure it was.

I love these funny boys.

5 comments:

Amber said...

HAHAHAHA i just love that kid.

Unknown said...

I like his outfit choice!

Camdon said...

2,900th visitor to this blog!

The Kay Family said...

Woo-hoo Camdon. Did you win anything cool?

Dal said...

Matching is way over rated. pffff, matching clothes, Bahhh. We don't need no stinkin matching clothes.