Friday, February 5, 2010

Baby duty

"A two-year old is kind of like having a blender, but you don't have a top for it."--Jerry Seinfeld

My brother and his wife are in Hawaii for 8 days. We have the baby while their away. She's almost two and I have to say there is so much I'd forgotten about having a little one.

For instance, I had forgotten that you can't give a baby applesauce and then walk away.....

Or take a shower and assume the toilet paper will be fine....

or expect the house to stay clean.....
I had forgotten that one poopy diaper will smell up the whole house.

HOWEVER.....

I also forgot how much I love rocking a baby to sleep.

I forgot how much I love the smell of baby lotion.

I forgot how much joy a little one can bring to a home.



You wouldn't believe how many people have asked me this week if she makes me want to have another one. The answer is no.

1 comment:

Amber said...

3 year old are hard too....and 4....no wonder you aren't baby hungry;) She's a cutie though.