Sunday, June 29, 2008

Loss of a friend...










Tradgedy struck yesterday.  We had tempuratures close to 100 degrees and our pet bunny, Peanut, has a very thick, fur coat.  Evidently the heat was too much for her and she died last night.  Luckily, Justin was alone when he found her and he was just coming in from burying her when I got home.  The kids were all asleep, so I had overnight to figure out how I was going to break the news.  Justin leaves early Sunday mornings for Bishopric meeting, so I was alone when I had to tell them.  Man, they took it hard!  I felt so sorry for them.  Jamon is so tenderhearted and it was Camdon's rabbit, so I knew they'd both be upset.  They were crying so hard, I wasn't sure if we'd be able to go to church!  I feel partly responsible, because I moved her to a different cage this week.  She has a two-story, luxury sweet that she'd been living in, but because of the way it's built, it's hard to keep clean and it was starting to stink.  It's too heavy to move myself and now that the house is for sale, I thought it best if the side of the house didn't stink like rabbit droppings all of the time.  Anyway, this smaller, easy to clean cage has no shelter from the sun.  She must've sat there cooking all afternoon (literally).  Needless to say, we are having a pretty sad day.  She brought a lot of joy while she was with us.  We got her when she was just a baby, and it was fun to cuddle and care for her.  We'll miss her!

4 comments:

*DaNcInG cHiCk* said...

were are you moving? Why are you moving?

Unknown said...

bunny killer...

The Kay Family said...

I know...I'll have to live with this forever. The boys are actually takin' it much better now. It's amazing what cinnamon rolls and a trip to the pool will do!

Amber said...

Talk about a heart breaker story! I'm sitting here trying not to cry cuz I can picture those 3 sweet boys crying and that bunny roasting away! :(