Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First day of preschool

Carter started preschool this morning.  He was so excited and had a great time.  The first day was a Mommy-and-Me class and he starts on his own Thursday.  As a result, we recently had a conversation in our home that went something like this: 
 "Gee Mom, what are you going to do now that all of your boys are in school?" (Justin)
                
"She'll probably sit around all day watchin' T.V. and snackin' on chocolate chips..."  (Jamon)

Okay, family....first of all, preschool is 2 1/2 hours 2 days a week.  I'd hardly call that a ton of free time!  Nevertheless, I'd like to defend the role of office managers ( I mean mothers) everywhere and say this to Jamon......

Gee, I dunno.  I guess I'll wash dishes, vacumm, do laundry, clean toilets, mow the yard, grocery shop, make dinner, shedule all of YOUR appointments, take you to and from football, help you with homework...what else?  Oh yeah, that part time job I have and I guess I should also include help run the primary!  That's a good start.  I know this makes me sound a little bitter.  I know Jamon didn't mean any harm.  I just thought I'd throw that out there in case he ever wonders what it is I do all day.  I think he checks this blog every now and then. 

 I love you, Jamon and gladly accept all of this responsibilty.  And, congrats to you Carter!  Preschool is such a big deal in a little tiger's life!!!

4 comments:

Camdon said...

You spelled Vacuum wrong...

The Kay Family said...

show off!

Jessica said...

I love your own family's comments...hahha..I'm still laughing =) oh, and way to go Carter for starting school...you're growing up!

Amber said...

I'm laughing too... I think Broc might wake up cuz i'm shaking! I about died when I clicked on comments and camdon wrote "you spelled Vacuum wrong"!!! HAHAHAHA Oh Meeka I love your blog.

-Congrats Carter!