Monday, August 18, 2008

Grandma Rocks!



So, this is going to sound bad and a little selfish, but here goes anyway....
We spent the weekend in Eastern Idaho with Justin's parents.  We had them all to ourselves and we LOVED every minute of it!  This is a rare occurance and I think it's only happened two or three times in 12 years of marriage.  Because Justin is 1 of 6 kids, usually when we go home there are one, two, or even three other siblings home as well.  Now, don't get me wrong, we usually plan it that way on purpose because it's so fun to see everyone and be together.  However, with 6 kids, 5 spouses, and 14 grandkids, there is very little one-on-one time with grandparents.  It's a lot of fun, but it's also a lot of trying to control chaos.  Stress of feeding a crowd that big, babies crying, or fighting, or making messes, or even just trying to figure out where everyone is going to sleep is often the focus of attention.  So, this weekend was perfect because the boys got all the time and attention that is sometimes just really nice not to have to share.  Camdon especially enjoyed riding up in the cab of the pickup alone with his grandparents.  He and grandpa picked huckleberries together for nearly three hours and had a great time!  Blair and Carolyn are so full of wisdom and love and I'm so grateful for the opportunities the boys have to get to see that.  It's hard to notice when the house is so full.  On the way home from the trip, Carter yelled "Grandma Rocks!"  I guess he enjoyed his one-on-one time, too!  Anyway, here are a few pics from the weekend and as usual, you can check out Justin's flickr to see all of them.  I rode grandpa's horse and I think there's a shot of that on there!  

2 comments:

Jessica said...

We also enjoy one on one time with granparents too...that's why I go to CA to visit during the summers so my parents can have time with my kids alone instead of all 8 kids age 4 and under. We love family, but it's always nice to have grandparents all to yourself =) Your hair is cute too!

Amber said...

That is really good that you guys got to spend all that time with mom and dad. There were times when I was feeling guilty for not being out there or going anywhere with you but I also thought of that exact thing...."they are probably enjoying having that time with mom and dad". So I'm glad you guys had a good time! love you guys!