Thursday, April 29, 2010

In Da Hood......

"Somebody must have been praying for that fool, cause I swear I aimed right for his head."

This week was middle school orientation. Yes, I have a soon-to-be-seventh-grader. Amazing how time flies, but here it is. I've been a bit nervous about it and I suspect Camdon has been too, although, he'd never admit it.

So we go to the orientation and as were sitting in the gym looking around, I see all sorts of people we know. Good people. We've lived out in Kuna 11 years and have been privileged to know all sorts of wonderful families. I saw a lot of them that night. It set my mind at ease knowing Camdon would be surrounded by good friends with the same standards as he.

Camdon wasn't buying it.

"Mom, not everyone goes to Middle School orientation. Only the good kids do that."

His dad wasn't buying it either.

"Yeah, the kids who'll put a knife in your gut over your lunch money don't go to orientation night with their mommies."

Oh brother! This is Kuna not the projects. Camdon says he hears the lunches are WAY better in Middle School, but I guarantee cherry cheesecake is not a motive for manslaughter. Carter says he hopes that doesn't happen to him. It wont. No ones getting knifed.

Just today Camdon came home with some papers about student council. His 6th grade teacher has recommended him to the Middle School. I'm so proud. I hope he decides to run. His campaign slogan can be about eliminating violence in the lunch room.




4 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh brother! Lol. I think the most danger he will experience is maybe getting a spit wad launched at the back of his head.(Let's all hope anyway.) ;0)

Amber said...

HAHAHA That's a good one. You guys have the funniest conversations at your house. I agree Camdon would be great for Student Council!

Vote for Pedro!(Camdon)

Jessica said...

you're posts always give me a good laugh =)

Chantel said...

So we go to lunch at the elementary school one day last week, and Devanie refuses to even eat half of it: "UUGGHHH! I can't believe I used to eat this. Jr. High lunches are so much better than this."