Monday, September 22, 2008

Week in Review

I guess I did have something to say...

1.  Monday night we harvested carrots from the garden.  We had the whole family helping on the project.  Justin dug while the boys pulled.  We each had a job cleaning grating and cutting.  It's fun to have the freezer full of carrots! We made a really good carrot cake that night for a well-earned treat.  I'm glad Justin is so into the gardening thing.  I'm not and I know I should be.  This is one of those times where it's extra nice to have a partner.  He really picks up my slack in the whole "teach the boys to learn to work" department.  

2.  Wednesday Jamon got a sweet shiner at school during P.E.  It was pretty swollen and bruised for a day or two.  Luckily school pictures were Tuesday! :)

3.  Thursday night was pack meeting.  Camdon is very excited to be earning his Weblos and turning 11.  He's excited for the campouts.  There happens to be one the weekend after his birthday.  

4.  Camdon is doing a special musical number for the primary program.  One of the songs this year just happens to be the hymn he is learning for lessons.   He's going to play piano while another little girl plays the violin.  I took him down to the church so he could practice on the piano in the chapel.....he nailed it!!  :)

5. Saturday Jamon got promoted from center to running back! He ran 30 yards for a touchdown on his first hand-off.  Not sure who was more excited,  him or Justin. 

Well, that's it for now  Have a good week!

2 comments:

Amber said...

It's so good that you journal all that, it will be fun to remember it all. I hope Jamons Shiner is better, and good job Camdon on the piano....you need to play for us next time your home!

Jessica said...

Go Camdon on the piano! Maybe he could teach me one day =) And I can see Justin on the sidelines pretty proud...Go Jamon on the touchdown! You have talented boys.