Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I hear ya, Ralphie!

If you love the movie A Christmas Story like I do than you'll appreciate this.  You know when Ralphie gets his theme back from Miss Shields?  The theme he was so sure was going to earn him an A+++++ AND his red ryder gun?  Then he gets it back and he sees his grade....C+ oh no!  

That was me yesterday when I got my first test back.  "C+?  Oh No!"  How did this happen?  I was so sure that poly sci would be the easy class.  I was crabby all day about it.  Then my cousin decided to tell me she got a 90% on her US History test and although my mom would be so dang proud Leslie, I'm so dang annoyed.  Why am I an idiot? 

 Camdon assured me that a C+ was average and my good friend reminded me that it's not a bad grade considering my world last week.  My husband was deathly ill and I missed the review.  The stake threw a giant crater and it hit the primary hard.  I lost all of my teachers (I'm over junior primary).  I'm a mom of three busy boys.  Blah blah.  I know she was just trying to make me feel better, but it didn't work.  A "C"?  I'm not happy about that at all.  Being a student was sure a lot easier 11 years ago before I had three boys and a house and a calling in the primary presidency.  Leslie, what's your secret?  

Oh, and Justin has an appointment with the Stake President tonight.  Dun. Dun. Dun.  I knew it!

P.S. I think I'll shoot my eye out!

4 comments:

Amber said...

you are a busy woman, it's probably hard to find time to study. i always hated studying, didn't have the patience. don't let it get ya down though, you have been out of school for a long time. (no i'm not calling you old!)

Emili said...

How frustrating! I was never good at taking tests. I think you're crazy, I mean BRAVE to go back to school at all! Still, you'll find a new normal soon and I bet the test scores will get better without all the extra stress. :) (And remember that a C+ is BETTER than average).

Leslie said...

Sorry, Meeka. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. The truth is, school is the only thing I do. My house is a perpetual mess, my church calling takes maybe and hour a month, and my kids don't need to be shuttled around to activiities or sports yet. I guarantee I wouldn't be able to do all the things you are doing. I say forget about the C+, and go to the review next time. Or you could stop cheating off the football player. That obviously did you no good;0)

The Kay Family said...

You've all made me feel a million times better! I guess it's back to sitting by laptop guy!

Oh, and I calculated my grade so far (adding in my two good quiz scores. I have a "B" in the class right now.