Thursday, February 5, 2009

I love soup

So, my mom makes the meanest pot of soup you'll ever eat.  I LOVE it when she makes soup! She makes a whole huge pot of it and then her and my dad eat off of it all week.  It's perfect for winter because her soups are warm and hearty.  And really, if you're eating it all week, that's like a $10 grocery bill for the week.  I would like to be able to do that.  

I have two problems...
 1)  My family doesn't really like soup.  They humor me for one meal, but if I made them eat it five nights a week, Id have a revolution on my hands. 

2) I'm not very good at it.  I guess I just need practice, but then I'm back to problem number one.  

So, I'm asking if any of you have really good soup recipes that even tiny, picky eaters love?  I'd appreciate it if you'd share.  Especially if any of you have a chicken tortilla soup recipe.  Yummo! 


3 comments:

Emili said...

I have 2 soup recipes that are SOSOSOSO yummy they ar sure to be a hit. One is Easy Corn Chowder (that one is my favorite) and Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup (Dal loves that one, as long as it's not heavy on the garlic). Anyhow, they are kinda long so I'll email them to you. They're both Pampered Chef recipes, yum yum.

Amber said...

i have a good homemade chicken noodle soup recipe that my kids love. it has potatoes and rice in it so it's really yummy. let me know if you want me to email it to ya! (then i make these really easy homemade breadsticks to eat with it)

Jessica said...

I have some good ones too so I'll send them your way