Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Justin on morphine is freakin' funny!

So, we've had a touch of the bug at our house.  Its gross and annoying, to be sure, but we can handle it.  Well, some of us can handle it.  When Justin gets sick, he really gets sick! Every couple of years, he ends up in the E.R.  because his reaction to the bug is so violent.  He becomes so dehydrated, that his blood turns to sludge and his kidneys can't process anything anymore.  Last night was no different. 

It started at around ten.  Vomiting. Diareah.  Every fifteen minutes.  It lasted well into the night and I remember saying to him, "Let me know when you're ready?"
"For What?"
 Ha Ha Ha.  For what?  The E.R. He can't recover on his own.  Last time he needed four bags of fluids before they'd release him.  Anyway, long story short, he finally caved at about 6:30 this morning.  I had been feeding him ice chips since 4:30, but he was in such a bad way.  

He was put on morphine when we got there and let me tell you, it was hilarious!  Usually Justin is a calm, mature, too serious for his own good kinda guy.  Hardly utters a word.  Put a little morphine in him and he becomes the town gossip.  This guy was chattin' up his nurse, crackin' jokes, and even saying things too inappropriate for the family blog.  I was cracking up!  

I had no choice but to leave Camdon home from school to look after Carter, so I stepped out of the room to call home.  During the time I was gone, they had taken him in for an abdominal X-Ray.  When I got back he said to me, in the most serious, hurtful voice.  "I tried to talk to that other nurse, but she was all business."  Bah ha ha ha....are you serious??!!  This is so ironic.  Usually it's the other way around.  I was laughing so hard!  Probably the complete lack of sleep had something to do with it, but it was entertaining to see him this way.  He'd be a funny drunk!  

Anyway, he messed up his kidneys so he's on some antibiotics and has been sleeping all day.  Poor guy.  I'm sure when he wakes up he'll be lucid again.  Oh well.  It was funny while it lasted.  

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Yeah, I can't even imagine Justin being so talkative. That would have been fun to see. I hope his kidneys feel better soon.

Amber said...

i would have payed good money to see that. hahaha i feel bad for the guy though that he gets so sick. dang. i hope he gets better.

Jessica said...

where was your video camera??