Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The end of the world is coming!

The following is an actual conversation I had with my 11 year old...wait I have to tell you one thing first.  We had so much fun with my parents on the Oregon Coast this summer, we all decided to take a trip again  in a few years.  Four to be exact.  The trip we're planning is to Boston, and Camdon is/was very excited.  And now I bring you the conversation:

Camdon:  "Who do you think will win, Mom?"

Me:  "Not sure, bud. I think Obama"

Camdon:  "Well, it doesn't really matter because the world will be over in 2012 anyway."

Me, trying hard not to laugh: "What!!??  Who told you that?"

Camdon: "Well, McKenzie McGraws grandmothers' patriarchal blessing says she'll live to see the second coming, and she's already 70.  And I saw this thing on Discovery channel about the Aztecs.  They believed the end of the world would be 2012.  So, sadly, I'll never get to see Boston."


Aaaahhh to have only one regret in life!  Don't worry little Cam, we'll go to Boston...I promise.  





3 comments:

Amber said...

oh sad that an 11 year old would think that. That just scares me. I have a life to live and so does he!
(i think Broc is on the same level with that since Obama got in)

Leslie said...

Poor guy, I too would be disapointed not to get to see Boston. I guess you can't accuse him of not heeding the signs of the second coming. You could probably threaten him with it, you know for good behavior;)

Camdon said...

Don't forget the guy who predicted the cold war!