Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy holiday kick off!






Tonight was Kuna's annual Holiday Open House.  I generally disagree with events such as these that happen so far before Christmas.  But I make an exception for this event because I really like our little town and I want to be supportive of the businesses that are trying to survive here.  

So, I took the boys and we picked up our passport and  set off to visit the 12 businesses that were on the ticket.  At each stop we collected a stamp and everyone who turned in a full passport, was entered into the contest for  6 $50 gift cards they were giving away.  It's a long shot, but the boys enjoyed walking around downtown visiting 
all of the stops and getting a treat each place they went.  One of the stops had Prancer there for the kids to meet.  I tried to get a picture of Carter petting her, but her antlers were a little too big and she came after me.  I love the one of Camdon because he generally takes a "too mature" attitude when we try and do things like this. As you can see, this was one event he really enjoyed.  The weather was really mild too, which is always nice.   One of the stops had a live nativity and I was impressed that my boys seemed to notice that the loud christmas rock music didn't exactly fit in with the baby Jesus at the manger.  All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good night.  Justin is back home, by the way, but this sort of thing isn't his sort of thing, so he stayed home.  

No comments: