Friday, November 14, 2008

Pretty girls...

I'm not one to spend a lot of time in salons.  I am completely out of my element there, surrounded by women who are always so put together.  I am pretty low-maintenance as far as women go, and by that I mean that I've never been "into" hair, make-up, and clothes.  One pair of jeans lasts me all winter and I have about five pairs of shoes.  That's total.  Including church, workout, flip-flops. One for every occasion is enough for me.  

 Besides not really caring about looking so pretty all of the time, I'm also a cheap skate.  And quite frankly,  it's expensive to look so good.  It's spendy to have your hair highlighted every six weeks, and new clothes every season, and be tan all winter long.  

However, every once in a while the need presents itself for me to go to a salon. Like today.  My eyebrows were getting out of control!  So, I decide to pony up the money (yes, I think $15 is a lot to spend), and go get my eyebrows waxed.  I, of course, was very uncomfortable the whole time I was there.  Even the old lady getting a perm was dressed better than I.  It's my own fault, really, because I refuse to wear high heels with jeans.  No offense if you do...I just have a personal policy against it.  Comfort is my priority.  Anyway, back to my story.  It took only a few minutes, but the results were incredible!  I knew they were bad, but seriously! They were bad!   I have to admit, it was $15 well spent.  

Anyway, when I got home, the boys came to "check me out".  They were impressed, but leave it to Jamon to say this: "They look good, Mom.  Now all you need to do is lose some weight and get stylish clothes."

One step at a time, Jamon!  My eyebrows really do look good.  

4 comments:

Amber said...

Jamon your gonna get it! Meeka you look good the way you are, everyone has their own style and I think it's good that you stick to what you like and comofort is also a good thing;) Glad the eyebrows look good, I work in a dang salon and mine are horrible and haven't been waxed in months!

The Kay Family said...

Thanks, Amber! To be fair, he did apologize after he said it. I just thought it was funny how quickly he came up with that.

Whitney said...

Jamon, Jamon, Jamon, do you know who feeds you? I think kids have strong opinions no matter what their parents are dressed like. I'm glad he apologized. I think you look good. If it makes you feel better, some women spend the money and they don't look good. I think your smart. It does make me want to go get my eyebrows done though. Cute pics of the kids.

Emili said...

Ah hahahaha. Funny Jamon. Amen tot his post. I actually love plucking my eyebrows - especially when I'm frustrated. But the clothes and the shoes and the highlights and make-up, amen to all that. Besides costing too much, it takes to much time and effort, and Dallon doesn't care, so why bother? Gotta love husbands that love "Natural beauty."