Sunday, November 9, 2008

Me on my soap box...


We have a black boy in our primary.  By black, I mean black.  His skin is very dark and in our little town of Kuna, he's one of just a few.  He was adopted by a white family and I'm quite sure he has been sealed to them.  

Since the election Tuesday, this poor little boy has suffered much at the hands (well, okay, mouths)  of other little children on the bus and at school.  The most hurtful was this:  "I guess you're happy to have a black president, huh?  Now you're not the only 'icky' one."  

Some of these kids have been taught by their parents, and should know better.  Some have been taught by their parents and that's exactly WHY they are being so cruel.  Children mimick their parents.  If you are against Obama, PLEASE make sure your children know that it has nothing to do with his skin color!  And if it does, well, shame on you and that's a whole different post. 

This little boy is sweet and kind (and a really good basketball player) and has given no one any reason to be unkind to him.  The Savior loves ALL of us.  Period.  Anyway, I came across this picture and it really says it all, doesn't it? 







3 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh, how awful for that little boy! It amazes me that stuff like that still happens.

Amber said...

That is so sad. I agree about shame on people who talk about skin color. That really bothers me. We are all human we are all children of God. Thanks for that post it was really nice.

Anonymous said...

Oh, kids can be so cruel. That is so sad. Good reminder of what kids pick up on.