Sunday, October 26, 2008

"Behold your little ones...."

If any of you have ever served in the primary, you know that on any given Sunday you experience a wide range of emotion.  Some moments you're watching the clock, ready to shoot yourself, while other times you're so consumed by the spirit, you can't speak a sentence.  Well, today was our primary program and one of those "bawling" days. It's definately the most stressful part of the job to any Presidency, but also one of the most rewarding.  

We have about 120 kids, which isn't small, but isn't the biggest I've ever seen, either.  The program went off without a hitch, and when they all stood to sing "Called to Serve", there was hardly a dry eye in the place.  Camdon was so nervous for his part, but played perfectly in front of hundreds of people!  There was no hope for me after that.  I shouldn't have worried about mascarra today!  

Anyway, I wanted to share my feelings about the great priviledge and responsibility it is to teach these little ones the basic principles of the gospel.  We are laying the foundation for the rest of their lives.  When I first received the call, I was disappointed and even a little bitter, but exactly one year later, I am so thrilled to be a part of this special organization.  When the Savior visited the Nephite people he gathered them 'round about him.  "And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them:  Behold your little ones."

These little ones are so beloved of the Savior and I am humbled by the choice calling it is to serve and teach them.  

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Wish we could have heard him play. That is neat.

Amber said...

I also wish we could have been there to hear him play.

JBK said...

This background makes it really hard to read.