Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Longest Mile





This morning Marci ran her 14 mile marathon!  It was so fun to go downtown and wait at the finish line.  We were so proud of her as we saw her come around the corner.  She was in a lot of pain, but she finished the race in 2 hours and 20 min.  This is a great accomplishment because her goal was to do it in 2 1/2 hours.  It was a goal that I think she thought was unreachable.  She said that the last mile was the hardest.  It seemed more like seven.  It reminded me of a favorite poem:  

There's no thrill in easy sailing when the skies are clear and blue.
There's no thrill in merely doing things which anyone can do. 
But there is some satisfaction that is mighty sweet to take, 
when you reach a destination that you thought you'd never make.  

Way to go Marci!  We love you!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Meeka, I love that quote. Where did you get it? I might have to copy it. I love quotes. Thanks for thinking of Ashlyn on her Birthday. She went shopping and had a good time with the money. That was so nice. She was happy. Good luck this week.

Leslie said...

Way to go, Idaho! Whooo! From someone who can't run at all, I am very impressed. And Brinlee is A-dorable! That is the first time I have seen pictures of her. Andrew should be very proud of his awesome family.

Duane Whitney said...

Wow oh Wow. Marcey looks great. I love the picture of her and Andrew. Baby is so cute. I love the pictures of IDAHO. I want to come come.

The Kay Family said...

Whitney...I can't remember where I even heard that poem. I memorized it in college. Feel free to have/use it. It's not mine :)

Sandy, I want you to come home too! :( I miss you and I'll be sad if my Utah trip doesn't work out.